The Assignments feature allows Teachers and Teacher Admins to create specific assignments for selected students or groups containing lessons from a particular course, as well as external files such as videos, PDFs, presentations, audio, and images.
Students will be notified when a new assignment is waiting for them to solve or when the assignment has changed and, when they have completed it, Teachers and Teacher Admins will be able to review it and give feedback.
Teachers will find all assignments conveniently organised in cards in the Assignments tab, which can be easily located on each course page. Currently, There are three possible stages of an Assignment.
- Active: When the due date is still pending and some students have not completed all the required content.
- Completed: When all students have completed the assignment or when the due date is reached (even if there are still students who have not submitted).
- Upcoming: When the assignment has a start date in the future. They can be seen by teachers but are not visible to students.
For each learner, there are three possible statuses:
- Not started: The learner has not opened the assignment.
- In progress: The student has opened the assignment.
- Submitted: The student has submitted the assignment.
To further enhance the efficient allocation of assignments and teaching management, Assignments can:
- have a scheduled start date on which they are automatically activated for students
- be activated immediately by Teachers and Teacher Admins
- have a scheduled due date when they are marked as completed (even if students did not submit them on time)
- be completed automatically if all students have submitted them before the due date